Stop Makeup Transfer + Best Transfer-Resistant Foundations

Stop Makeup Transfer

It is so annoying when you wear foundation and halfway through the day, you realize it’s not just on your face, but also on everything around you! Your phone, work papers, and even your clothes. Today, I’m sharing a few tips on how to stop makeup transfer. Or at the very least, minimize it.





Stop Makeup Transfer : Tips On Reducing Makeup Transfer 


1. Try to limit how often you touch your face.

90% of the time, your hands are the agents of transfer. They are the things that literally take your makeup from your face to places where you didn’t want makeup to be.  The other 10 % could be your phone, hugging people, etc. But if you can limit how much you touch your face, that could really make a difference.


2. Reconsider your primer.

Another thing that could help is using the right primer. I find the Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer to be really good at minimizing makeup transfer. When paired with a foundation that is usually messy and gets everywhere, I have noticed that foundation doesn’t transfer as much. It surprising and it’s not really something I expect from a primer, but it just works.

For those who want a more affordable alternative, I hear the NYX Angel Veil primer is a dupe for the Mineral Veil Primer, but I haven’t tried the NYX Angel Veil Primer so I can’t say for sure.


3. Reconsider your powder – and how you apply it.

If you’re a brown girl, setting your face with a skin tone coloured powder (ie brown powder) could cause transfer. It might help to wear your powder under the foundation, and use only a setting spray over it. Personally, I don’t like the beige coloured translucent powders, but because of their colour, they don’t tend to transfer as obviously as the brown ones. So if you like those, they might be better for wearing on top of foundation.


4. Use setting sprays -generously.

Setting sprays help a lot. The best ones literally seal in your makeup and form a layer on top of it to protect it.

Make sure to spray your face generously when you first apply makeup, and don’t be afraid to top-up during the day. Right about the time you blot and touch up, feel free to set your touch-up in place with a setting spray. Some brands make travel sized ones that you can just pop in your bag and go.

My favourite high end setting spray when it comes to preventing transfer is the Skindinavia Oil Control Makeup Finishing Spray. My favourite drugstore setting spray is the Milani Make It Last Setting Spray.


The Best Transfer Resistant Foundations

Best Transfer Resistant Foundations

The most important thing when it comes to preventing transfer is picking foundations that are transfer resistant or transfer proof.  I find that most long wearing foundations are pretty good at not getting all over the place. The Estée Lauder Double Wear and the Lancôme Teinte Idole Ultra are two of the best foundations when it comes to being transfer proof. They’re both rather expensive though.

For the drugstore, I have to admit I haven’t really tried too many drugstore foundations, but I have tried the Maybelline Fit Me Matte and Poreless, the Maybelline Fit Me Stick Foundation, and the NYX Total Control Drop Foundation, and I have found the NYX Total Control Drop Foundation to be the most transfer resistant of the lot.

If you are trying to avoid makeup transfer, you might want to stay away from the Hourglass Vanish Stick Foundation and Maybelline Fit Me Stick Foundation. Those are just really the worst when it comes to transfer, based on what I’ve tried so far.

For a full breakdown on my favourite foundations, check out this post!

How do you prevent makeup transfer? Have a tip to share? Tell me in the comments.

Thank you for stopping by! 

Follow me: 

Instagram: @beautyfrenzyblog 

Twitter: @beauty_frenzy

Facebook: @beautyfrenzyblog

Tumblr: @beautyfrenzyblog 

Google+: Beauty Frenzy 

Pinterest: @Beauty_Frenzy



WIN FREE MAKEUP: Join the Beauty Frenzy mailing list here to stay updated about giveaways, blog sales, and new posts.

You can also follow this blog on Bloglovin’

 

And if you liked this post, please share it by clicking any of the social media icons at the bottom of the page.

 

2 Replies to “Stop Makeup Transfer + Best Transfer-Resistant Foundations”

  1. Best chances to minimize makeup transfer is truly using the right foundation, keeping hands of the face and a good setting spray. I did use Revlon color stay one time and it stayed put i tell you… But my issue with it was that it oxidizes on my skin like crazy…

    1. I haven’t tried the Revlon Colourstay yet, I’ve always seen mixed reviews. Thanks for reading and contributing!

Feel free to share your thoughts and comments below! I read every single one and I try my best to reply as much as I can.