Pixi launched a bunch of new mists recently. There were two I wanted to try: The Vitamin Wakeup Mist and the Sun Mist. Today, I’m reviewing the Pixi Sun Mist.
• Sheer mist with broad spectrum SPF 30
• Sheer lightweight mist provides protection against UVA-aging and UVB burning rays
• Helps prevent sunburn
• Non greasy formula
• Easy to apply and refreshes your defense against the sun through the day
• Chamomile extract calms and helps reduce skin irritants by neutralizing free radicals
• Bamboo extract helps product collagen for improved elasticity and helping to prevent fine lines and wrinkles
• Aloe leaf extract conditions and soothes
• If used as directed with other sun protection measures decreases the risk of skin cancer and early skin aging caused by the sun
• Not tested on animals
• Volume 80ml / 2.70 fl.oz
To apply this, I mist it over my face and I rub it into my skin using my fingers.
Pixi Sun Mist SPF 30 Review
I like this for the most part. First of all, it doesn’t leave a cast on dark skin, which is my number one concern with suncreens.
It absorbs properly into the skin. It is quite hydrating. I’d even go ahead and say it’s downright oily. Which is fine for me before makeup.
However, the major selling point of this product is that you can use it to “top up” your sun protection during the day.
This is fine if you’re not wearing makeup, but if you are wearing makeup, this could cause your makeup to look greasy. This is a problem because I feel like the mist is just not fine enough for this product to be applied over makeup. You’d just be left with uneven spots of oil on your face.
Aside from that, it’s pretty great. If you don’t wear makeup you’re going to love this. And if you do wear makeup, it is best applied under makeup.
If you wear makeup and you’re looking for something you can wear on top of your makeup during the day, this is not quite it.
This is available for purchase from the Pixi website.
Thank you for stopping by!
Google+: Beauty Frenzy
WIN FREE MAKEUP: Join the Beauty Frenzy mailing list here to stay updated about giveaways, blog sales, and new posts.
You can also follow this blog on Bloglovin’
And if you liked this post, please share it by clicking any of the social media icons at the bottom of the page.